It’s been a wild and wonderful past 2 days here at the Craft and Hobby Association Supershow, and crafter’s (and spender’s) bonanza of crafty goodness. New products have been rolled out, crafting celebrities have been sighted, and there has been spending galore!
The biggest news of the weekend was the new product rolled out by Provocraft: the Cricut Cake. (Yup, you read it right. Cake.) This new shiny red gizmo is mean specifically to be used for cuting fondant, gum paste, and sheets of icing. It’s like your Cricut Expression, but with special modifications just for food use. I’ll have a video demo posted for you soon!
I got a chance to see some of my favorite craft celebs, too:
- Kathy Cano-Murillo was working the iLovetoCreate booth, drawing out cool caps for folks to decorate. (Did you know she’s authored a novel?? More on that soon.)
- Cathie Fillian and Steve Piacenza doing a make-and-take at the Plaid booth, Mod-Podging up some cool peace signs. Cathie was sooo sweet and even snuck some kit bags to a pair of tweens who were awestruck! (PS- there’s a new tool line coming out, too!)
- Amy Anderson from ModPodgeRocks (speaking of) was filming a little and helping out at the Plaid booth. Not to say too much here, but keep your eyes peeled for a potential guest blogger!
- Lisa Pavelka doing demos and signing books and spreading the love of clay. She is SO helpful, she really gives out her card with her contact info on it so you can ask questions!
- Vicki Howell, promoting Craft Corps & chatting up the gals from CraftyCon…
- The totally COOLEST crafters evah, the gals from Craftster.org…
- Debra Norville debuting her new yarn….and….
- Queen Mother of Crafting….Carol Duvall! She gave a lovely talk about her career in broadcast TV..but more on that later, too. For now, enjoy some of my pictures…
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018