At CHA Summer 2013, one thing is clear in the world of fabric and fiber: time-honored and traditional methods of making are making a big comeback. It seems like everywhere I look, it’s back to the basics…but with a twist!
First off, I am absolutely in love with the colorful Janome SewMini sewing machines that I spotted in the Artistic booth. (Pictured above.) I can’t find them on the website yet, but fingers crossed that they’ll be there soon!
I’m also digging these new weaving sticks from Clover USA. So quick and versatile!
From traditional to more modern, The Warm Company’s got quilters and stitchers covered. I can’t wait to try out their Insul Shine reflective insulating lining—it’s retro and mod in the same product!
Tatting is back, my friends! If you like making lace, you’ll definitely want to check out Clover USA’s new Large Tatting Shuttles—they’re even big enough to accommodate beaded strings!
That’s all for now! What fabric and fiber trends are at the top of your must-craft list?
- Craft Tool Review: AccuQuilt GO! Baby Fabric Cutter - November 25, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Clover Weaving Sticks - September 17, 2013
- CHA Summer 2013: Tools for Custom Fiber and Fabric Projects - August 14, 2013
- CHA Summer 2013 Booth Love – Haley’s Favorite: Bottle Cutting Inc. - August 3, 2013
- CHA Summer 2013 Fabric and Fiber Trends: Back to the Basics - July 26, 2013
- Craft Book Review: Crochet One-Skein Wonders - June 18, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Clover USA Pin ‘n Stow - April 23, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Nancy’s Hobo Tote Collection Trace ‘n Create Bag Templates from Clover USA - March 26, 2013
- Craft Product Review: Boye Artisan Tools CrochetMaster Plus Crochet Hook Set - February 18, 2013
- CHA Winter 2013: Getting Groovy in the iLoveToCreate Booth - January 22, 2013