When picking out favorite booths on the show floor, I’m often drawn to over-the-top displays, vintage throwbacks, or eye-catching colors, but not this year. At CHA Summer 2013, I only had eyes for Bottle Cutting Inc.
Nestled among the new exhibitors, Bottle Cutting Inc. wasn’t the flashiest or biggest booth at the show, but the intriguing products that I saw there kept me coming back again and again. An easy-to-use bottle cutter that makes perfect scores look effortless? Bottle top stems that transforms the neck of the bottle into stemware? LED pendant lamp kits? Um, HECK YES!
First, check out this great demo video shot by fellow #TeamCTD member Carolina. It’ll show you the full bottle cutting process, plus additional bottle-friendly accessories:
Did you see that beautiful scoring?!
If you’ve ever tried to score glass manually with a fussy handheld glass cutter—only to end up with a jagged, uneven edge and hours and hours of sanding ahead of you—you’ll definitely understand why I’m obsessed.
Now that you’ve seen the cutter in action, here’s a look at the lovely projects that attracted me to the booth every time I walked by:
Wine bottle bowls. These would be perfect for holding sauces or olive oil at a dinner party!
Pendant light kits. Super-easy custom lighting? Yes, please!
Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Because, I’m definitely thinking tequila bottle margarita glasses.
Here’s a closer look at the bottle top stem sets. Think wine-cork-meets-wine-glass-base.
Pretty great, huh? Nothing like a good tool that takes the hard work out of a project!
- Craft Tool Review: AccuQuilt GO! Baby Fabric Cutter - November 25, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Clover Weaving Sticks - September 17, 2013
- CHA Summer 2013: Tools for Custom Fiber and Fabric Projects - August 14, 2013
- CHA Summer 2013 Booth Love – Haley’s Favorite: Bottle Cutting Inc. - August 3, 2013
- Craft Book Review: Crochet One-Skein Wonders - June 18, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Clover USA Pin ‘n Stow - April 23, 2013
- Craft Tool Review: Nancy’s Hobo Tote Collection Trace ‘n Create Bag Templates from Clover USA - March 26, 2013
- Craft Product Review: Boye Artisan Tools CrochetMaster Plus Crochet Hook Set - February 18, 2013
- Craft Product Review: Christmas Woolens Ornament Kit from Rachel’s of Greenfield - December 13, 2012
- Craft Product Review: Self-Finishing Needlepoint Coaster Kit from Jenny Henry Designs - November 19, 2012
Michelle jadaa says
Definatly a good idea,would love to try it:)
Thanx so much for sharing this and the great video! Have been wanting to give this a try but had no idea how to safely cut the bottles. This looks great!
Kristy Furney says
I would love to get that Cutter. Where does a person look for one at? I have been using finger nail polish remover, cotton string and fire to cut my bottles.. Please help!!!!!
If you are looking to purchase, I’d recommend Googling and/or checking the company’s website/ social media channels. Good luck!