I tend to have what I call a “Global Nomad” aesthetic. Even though I don’t really travel the world in a gypsy wagon I do in my imaginary world. Maybe that’s why I’ve been madly in love with everything 7 Gypsies since the day I first spotted some of their wares on a store shelf?
I love the vintage look of their products and while I usually use much brighter colors than is used in most of their project samples my colors always manage to look good with their products. Can’t beat that!
The first thing that caught my eye in the 7 Gypsies booth at Summer CHA were these market umbrellas. Color and texture fabulousity! I’m in the process of making over my enclosed front porch and I’m thinking that if I can’t find/afford one of these I’m going to have to create a crafty version.
And then this amazing junk chandelier. I don’t know how. I don’t know when but I AM making one of these. Maybe even for over my dining room table. I could live with that for a while!
I can imagine all sorts of mixed media goodness using these chipboard pieces.
As well as these goodies that could hold some of my vintage photo collection.
I think of vintage photos and holders like this as “instant ancestors” for people who don’t have a lot of family memorabilia of their own.
And look at this wall of hardware. I’m one f those gals who loves to go to a small town hardware store or the local Feed & Grain to shop for craft supplies so this aesthetic appeals to me. Lots of hardware. Vintage looking hardware.
Thank you 7 Gypsies for having so much inspiration in one booth! 🙂
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014