One of the unique events of CHA Summer 2011 is the designer challenge. This year’s conference theme is “Craft Fusion”- a celebration of mixed media- and so the challenge was to make a non-wearable dress from mixed-media elements. Some were made by individual designers, others were collaborative efforts.
Five winners were chosen to appear in an upcoming issue of Cloth Paper Scissors and there is one “Fan Favorite.” Here are photo and relevant notes !
Cool, right?? I am SO inspired to try crafty couture sometime myself. Oh, and a cool note- one of the winning entries- the last one- just so happened to be made with a WireKnitz train….today’s sponsor! Nice coincidence!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017