Remember how I shared some of the new/and or improved products of CHA show? Well, this is the first one I’ve gotten in my hot little hands- Gelatos Double Scoops!
Look at ALL THE YUMMY COLORS. Yes, even the metallics have been “super sized.”
Compared to the original version (bottom one) you can see that it’s about twice the size.
And you get a LOT more product in the tube.
So of course I had to play with them! (By the way, I did a review of the original Gelatos Colors here including a demo video.)
I found that it was actually much easier to hold them to use right in my art journal. The bigger size makes them more comfortable in the hand.
Pro tip: Gesso your pages first so that the color will move around more when you add water!
I added a spritz of water, and then used some bubble wrap for texture. I really like that trick!
I kept adding and layering- stencils, papers, and even an acrylic transparency. No journaling yet, but it’s ready for it. I love how the layers of Gelatos Double Scoops add a rich, deep color to my backgrounds!
I also played around with some watercolor paper and an embossing resist technique. That paper ended up in some cards.
I made a little video on how I made them here:
I’m pretty happy with this one. (Another reason why I work in a series– at least ONE of the four I will like!)
Have you ever used Gelatos? Do you like the idea of a large portion in the Gelatos Double Scoops? I’d love to hear from you!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018