Since Summer 2009, the Craft and Hobby Association has hosted a consumer “Craft SuperShow” in conjunction with the Trade Show. I just got confirmation from my contacts at CHA that there will be NO SupershowÂ in L.A for Winter 2011.
I had a sidebar with my contact at CHA, and asked why the Supershow was a no-go. I got two very salient reasons: a) there was a scheduling problem with getting the space within a reasonable time frame of the Trade Show and b), downtown LA isn’t super family-friendly, and it might discourage families from attending. (In contrast with last Winter’s Supershow, which was held in Anaheim.)
So, I can imagine that there are going to be some disappointed shoppers and vendors this year. I really hope it will be logistically feasible this summer, at least. (You can read my report from the Winter Supershow, too.)
What do you think? Have you been to a Supershow? Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts….
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018