Since Summer 2009, the Craft and Hobby Association has hosted a consumer “Craft SuperShow” in conjunction with the Trade Show. I just got confirmation from my contacts at CHA that there will be NO SupershowÂ in L.A for Winter 2011.
I had a sidebar with my contact at CHA, and asked why the Supershow was a no-go. I got two very salient reasons: a) there was a scheduling problem with getting the space within a reasonable time frame of the Trade Show and b), downtown LA isn’t super family-friendly, and it might discourage families from attending. (In contrast with last Winter’s Supershow, which was held in Anaheim.)
So, I can imagine that there are going to be some disappointed shoppers and vendors this year. I really hope it will be logistically feasible this summer, at least. (You can read my report from the Winter Supershow, too.)
What do you think? Have you been to a Supershow? Feel free to weigh in with your thoughts….
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017