One of the newer events that CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) has been sponsoring is the CHA Designer Sneak Peek. It’s a chance for the designer members to see some of the newest products available for the show and talk to the creators and manufacturers one-on-one. Sometime it is difficult as a designer to speak with manufacturers about their products on the busy show floor and this gives us all a chance to ask questions.
I found the stencil material from Stencib to be pretty interesting . It’s a sturdy material that has an adhesive back like vinyl but unlike vinyl, which tends to stretch and tear, it can be used over and over again.
The stencil material can be purchased in long rolls with a repeating pattern for walls, chair rails and the like or sheets with individual patterns.
They also have a new bead knotting tool Knot-A-Bead. It’s a more hands free approach to knotted jewelry.
A third new tool is their Finding Forms which I didn’t get a photo of but you can learn more about by clicking on the link.
Some of the other companies with fun products at the Designer Sneak Peek were:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014