Hey crafty friends! I’m back! Last week my pal @SaraJaneCrafts (twitter) and I headed to the CHA Creativation show in Phoenix AZ. As you may know from previous years, CHA the acronym for the Craft and Hobby Association trade show. It’s open to retailers (both brick and mortar and online), vendors/brands, designers, and “digital content creators” (a new and fancy term from press, bloggers, YouTubers and other folks that promote the craft industry.)
As always, I go with my Press pass so that I can take pictures and videos of all of the amazing new products, techniques, and yes- even craft celebrities that I see there.
This is my first of MANY posts on the show, so I hope you’ll subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss a single post!
So… first the disclaimer:
The video footage is shot on the show floor that is filled with eager store owners, designers, and company reps. We can’t always get close enough to get great audio, and sometimes we are SO close that we have to move the camera around and “chase the action.” Please be kind in your critique of our video skills- after all, we go on our own dime so that you can enjoy the show vicariously through us for FREE. Please support us by watching the ads before the videos start- it’s how we pay for our plane ticket. Thank you!
Now! Let’s bring you up to speed with the first TWO videos!
This first one I recorded in my NYC studio, sharing a little “welcome”- it’s only 15 seconds. 🙂
The first video I recorded at CHA was with Sara at the new product showcase. In the past, the Showcase has been held in a separate room, and the brands were on hand to do live demos and tell us about the product. This year, the “showcase” was very literal- everything was in CASES behind acrylic. We could touch the product, and getting photos was all but impossible.We also broadcast this LIVE via Periscope, so the quality is a little poor. It was SO disappointing! However, Sara and I made the best of it and tried to bring you a taste of what was there.
Did you see something you were interested in? Let us know! And we’ll have more posts coming with multiple videos in each so you can see the show in bite-size chunks!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017