As you read this, I’m CHA bound- heading to the Craft and Hobby Association Conference and Trade Show in Los Angeles. If you are unfamiliar with the CHA tradeshows, make sure you read this great article from CraftCritique– it’ll fill you in.
In short, it’s like the Oscars for crafters! All the industry pros show up and show off their newest, coolest product. Retailers show up to take it all in and start ordering the newest, coolest products to put on their shelves. And the craft media/reporters/bloggers show up to tell YOU all about it.
And speaking of new product, many manufacturers have been showing off sneak peeks so even if you can’t make it to the show, you can get a glimpse.Â Scrapbook Update and Craft Critique both compile great lists of sneak-peeks, so why should I? Go check them out!
While at CHA, I’m going to be on the panel of celebrity judges to review and judge the Innovations Showcase. There were literally hundreds of submissions, and we’ve narrowed them down to twenty innovative, creative, and fabulous new crafts. Three awards will be given: Best Innovation, First Runner-up, and Honorable Mention. Fellow judges include Candi Spelling, Deborah Norville, Julie McGuffee, and Terri Ouellette- quite a tony group!
I’ll be tweeting live from the show (my handle is @crafttestdummy and using hashtag #CHAshow) and I’ll be posting pics right to my Facebook page throughout the day- so make sure you check that page often. Then after the show has closed, my crafty cohort Jennifer Clark (an honorary CraftTestDummy!) and I will be posting the days events right here on the blog, including photos of products and booths, and hopefully some video content, too. Did you know I also have a YouTube channel? You can subscribe to that, too, if you like!)
Lastly, be aware that there’s a new perk for you folks at home- CHA-TV! Terri O will be hosting and providing interviews, news, and peeks of new product.
Bottom line? I’m super-excited to head to warm and sunny LA to meet up with my industry friends and crafty blogging peeps. Stay tuned this weekend to catch all the excitement!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018