Hello, crafty friends! As you read this, I will be flying out to Anaheim California to attend the Craft And Hobby Association Conference and Tradeshow.
For those of you who might be new-er here, or are asking “What is CHA, anyway???” the CHA show (as we call it) is an amazing event in which the best brands in the business (and those who hope to be) converge with retailers, designers, wholesalers to nurture and grow the craft industry.
- We’ll see brands set up elaborate booths (you can see some of my favorites from last year here) bedecked in product, samples and amazing displays.
- We’ll witness the debut of literally HUNDREDS of new and/or new and improved products. Everything from sewing to yarn to kids crafts to scrapbooking to beading and more. This aspect of the show is frequently exciting AND ovewhelming!
- We’ll participate in dozens of demos and make and takes. Craft celebrities such as Tim Holtz, Margot Potter, Kathy Can0-Murillo, Cathie and Steve (Filian and Piacenza, respectively), Dyan Reavely, Stephanie Bernard, and Claudine Hellmuth will be on hand to show us how to use products in new, fun, and creative ways. (More on this in a bit.)
SO… want to know what the #TeamCTD will be doing?
- Trend-spotting. We’ll be scouring the show floor for spring/summer crafting trends- both what crafts with be HOT as well as images, designs, and colorways.
- Scouting new products. I especially love the “first time exhibitors” aisle. These are the newbies to CHA and often the products and concepts are fresh.
- Lining up reviews. Since we can see the products in the booths, we’ll have a good idea as to what folks will be interested in learning more about.
- Taking videos & photos. Since you all can’t just walk into CHA (its for industry professionals only) we try to bring the fun to YOU by filming the demos so you can see what all the fuss is about!
- Collecting swag to give away to…..YOU! Often we can pick up little samples and goodies- and frankly, sometimes we have to charm the vendors- so that we can offer some goodies for our giveaway. Stay tuned, because we’ll be having our CHA show giveaway next week!
Want to follow along with the fun? (Like any crafty soul WOULDN’T. Hello…!!)
Here’s how we are going to share the updates with you:
- Twitter. Seriously, ALL of us on #TeamCTD will be tweeting HOURLY using the hashtag #CHAshow. Set up a feed for that hashtag and you can follow #TeamCTD as well as a bunch of other crafty folks. Oh, and follow us all too!
- Instagram. I’m CraftTestDummy on Instagram and I’ll be posting photos throughout the day. Some of these photos will end up on Facebook and on Twitter…and some won’t. I keep my Instagram really “behind the scenes” so you might see more candid/silly shots on there than you will other places.
- Facebook. We’ll be posting some photos, updates and links 3-5 times per day.
- YouTube. We’ll be uploading videos EVERY NIGHT- but chances are, they won’t show up on the blog here for a while. However, if you are the kind of crafter that likes to SEE IT NOW, ALL THE CRAFTS, then you’ll want to make sure that you are A) a subscriber and B) have your setting set to “email notification.” Then you’ll see them as soon as they are uploaded and you don’t have to wait. I will also set up a new playlist for CHAshow2014 to keep them all in one tidy place. And don’t forget you can see the other CHA videos on my playlist that’s already set up!
Four different ways to keep up with us- so you know, if Twitter isn’t your thing, you can still use YouTube or Instagram or whatever. We do post different content on each of our social media channels so that you don’t see a ton of duplicates and it stays fresh and fun.
In the meanwhile, our New Year’s Smash-tacular giveaway is still open, so make sure you’ve entered. And stay tuned for an amazing weekend of LIVE CHA coverage!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018