Part of the fun of going to CHA is trying to spot new emerging trends. One trend I spotted coming out of the CHA Mega Show this year has to do with needle arts. I’ve done some looking around since I’ve been home as well and I’m pretty sure all sorts of needle arts will be a big upcoming trend. Or a re-newed trend for those of us who’ve been in love with needlework for a long time.
By needle arts I mean things like embroidery, cross stitch and small hand sewn items. There were several booths at CHA this year with embroidery and cross stitch kits. A couple of the booths I approached for photos wouldn’t allow photography but the helpful people at Riolis Needlework Kits allowed me to take some photos.
They had some stunning examples all over their booth. Kits large and small. Everything from a simple flower bulb to more fine art images like the first one in this post.
I loved the food themed kits that included beading in the cross stitch.
How about you-do YOU like needle crafts? Interested in giving them another spin? We’d love to hear from you!
And these trees are embellished with buttons and small bows.
Like I said, there were lots of kits, images and forms of needlework but I was only able to get photos from this one booth. The walls were COVERED in beautiful needlework inside and outside the booth.
If you are a lover of the needlearts be sure to keep your eyes peeled in your local craft stores. I’m sure you’ll be seeing some new kits in the near future.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014