This CHA coverage brought to you by:
One of the things I LOVE about CHA is the yearly Innovations Sneak Peek/Showcase event at CHA. That’s the time when the “best” 20 new products are introduced to retailers and press- and often, it’s impressive to see what companies are getting the “buzz.” Here are the finalists:
- Advantus Corp’s Cropper Hopper-Ribbon Carousel is a product designed to organize and easily dispense up to 54 spools of craft ribbon.Â Each layer of spools spins separately to quickly locate and retrieve desired ribbon.
- Â Beadalon’s Artistic Wire Mesh is a permanently colored copper wire woven into a mesh tube with a hollow tubular design that can be stretched, strung, filled, tied, glued, etc.Â Choon’s Design LLC’s Twistz Bandz is an innovative kit for making continuous rubber bands.
- Contain Ya Crafts’ Scrap N’ Easel is a magnetic, portfolio-style, double scrapbooking and card-making, paper-crafting easel.Â
- Crafter’s Companion’s The EnveloBox Creator is a product designed to create one-of-a-kind and dimensional envelopes.Â
- Ecstasy Crafts’ Designables are folders for embossing and cutting paper at the same time easily and quickly.
- Â Epiphany Crafts, Inc.’s Shape Studio and Charms is a product designed to create epoxy shapes in just a few easy steps and can be used to create custom jewelry by adding epoxy shapes to the company’s new charm sets.Â Â
- Faber-Castell’s Design Memory Craft Mix & Match is a line of products focused on creating mixed-media pieces.Â Crafters may choose from six different mediums and a preselected color palette to design their mixed-media craft.
- Â Little Pink Ladybug Ribbon Sculpture Instructional CD and Brilliant Bowmaker Bow Making System were both selected as Hot 20 Products.Â The Ribbon Sculpture Instructional CD showcases 10 exclusive ribbon design instructions in PDF format.Â The Brilliant Bowmaker Bow Making system is a product designed to achieve bow making simply and quickly, allowing crafters to mix and match templates creating a distinct bow style.Â
- Ranger Industries’ Picket Fence Distress Stain is a product that turns Distress Stains, fluid water-based dyes for papers and other porous surfaces, into unique opaque colors.
- ScrapBands, LLC’s ScrapBands is a one-of-a-kind scrapbook accessory that eliminates slipping and sliding of scrapbook contents and provides creative means, making carrying and storing unique and easy.Â Visit them at booth 1702.
- STKR.it’s STKR.it Stickers is a product designed to make audio, video and online images part of any scrapbook.Â A QR code is on each sticker and when scanned with STKR.it’s free smart phone application, allows crafters to permanently attach a digital memory to their scrapbooks.Â
- Sue’s Sparklers’ Sparkle-on! features iron-on designs in crystal and metal for crafters to embellish fabric, paper or wood. TalkingTag.com’s Talking Tag Digital Labels create memory labels with a smart phone application that records and plays voice notes on scrapbooks and more.Â
- The C Thru Ruler Company’s Let’s Face It stencils are designed to provide a base facial shape with three different eye and lip shape stencil sets, allowing crafters to design unique faces.Â Visit them at booth 321.
- Â The Upholstery Studio, Inc.’s Making Designer Tuffets are instructions and kits for creating both oval and rectangular designs with several different covers.Â
- Uniformed Scrapbooks of America’s U.S. Army Scrapbook is a removable scrapbook cover designed to recapture the essence of wearing a decorated U.S. Armed Forces uniform with customizable insignias, badges, patches and tape names.Â Visit them a booth 1416.
- Â Walnut Hollow’s Card Keeper Box provides a safe and organized place to keep homemade cards that use an A2 envelope.Â The box has five smooth surfaces ready for customized design.Â Visit them at booth 1307.
- Â Worldwin Papers’ Paper Layerz by Megan Elizabeth is crafting paper that makes coordinating die-cut shapes and layers from any die-cutting machine faster, cheaper and easier.Â Â
This year, a wide pool of products were narrowed down by the celebrity panel to 2o finalists. Members of the press and retailers were invited to attend 2-minute “pitches” and to visit the vendors for more information. You may remember that last year, yourÂ truly served as a “celebrity judge” and I g0t to help select the finalists. In similar fashion, here’s my “short list” of new and cool innovative CHA products!
- Stkr.It QR codes. Now, it seems that QR codes are are all the rage here, and adding video/audio content to your static scrapbook pages are the “next big thing.” This company allows you to share over eight minutes of video or audio by scanning one QR code, using a traditional app that you have on your smart phone! I love the idea of being able to play back video while looking at your favorite scrapbook page!
- Faber Castell’s Design Memory Craft line. While these are not exactly new or innovative products, what IS new is packaging fine arts supplies in accessible color families for crafters. With the new wave of mixed-media infusing the crafting world, we are expecting- and getting- a higher quality product! Yay for us!
- I LOVE the Scrap’n Easel as a tool for both the avid scrapbooker and for institutional crafters. It’s magnetic surface allows you to use metal “pegs” to hold your items in place until you are ready to glue them down (great for 1-handed/ adaptive crafting), as well as hold your work at an ergonomic angle. Furthermore, you can use it as a display. So cool!
So those are my picks- but I am also intrigued by a number of other of the new CHA items, and hope to bring you some reviews and info soon!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018