Just ran across this interesting tidbit- Rosie O’Donnell has an Etsy site! I knew that she was crafty, and has appeared on Martha and such, but I didn’t know that she made items to sell.
The money she raises goes to her charity Rosie’s Broadway Kids, which funds creative arts in NYC to low-income kids. From her blog:
Rosieâ€™s Broadway Kids was inspired by Rosie Oâ€™Donnellâ€™s life-long concern for children, love of theater, and dream of teaching. In 2003, thanks to the generosity of Rosie and Kelli Oâ€™Donnell, Artistic and Executive Director Lori Klinger created RBKids, dedicated to providing quality instruction in music and dance at no cost to New York City public schools or students.
Her listings include boxes decorated with polymer clay, painted ceramic tiles, and 3-d sculptures called “munnys” which are painted and signed. Prices run from $75.00 for the boxes to up to $400.00 for the sculptures, currently.
Rosie also states on her shops’ homepage that she matches all money, dollar for dollar. Cool, no?
I really like this 3-d collage sculpture called “icarus’ wife“- it’s kinda shrine-y.
Lastly, I should mention that she has a section of her blog called “Crafty U” and she’s got some how-to’s, information, and video clips. She also has a craft book out: “Crafty U- 100 Easy Projects that Whole Family Can Enjoy All Year Long” which is available on Amazon.com.
I’ll be checking that one out, so0n…..
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018