Can’t find what you want in the big-box stores? Want to use your own awesome artwork? Then carve your own rubber stamps!
I found this great tutorial from Creative Kismet and just had to share it with you!Â They have some easy step-outs and great pics to follow. You just need to supply the inspiration!
Also, you do need some specialized tools (read: you won’t have these in your kitchen!) but you CAN find things like a linoleum cutter set at art supply shops, the big-box craft stores (in the art departments) and even online at Dick Blick for about $10.00.Â The rubber blocks you carve on are also cheap ($2 for a 4 X6 inch one, which can yeild multiple small stamps),Â so if you figure you’ll spend even thirteen bucks on supplies it’s STILL way less expensive than buying a large pre-made stamp or a small custom one.
I also found a nice step-by-step tutorial from Alma Stoller– she’s a great artist, and you should give her site a lookey-loo, as well! (PS… the pics on this post are from her blog: credit where credit is due!)
I made my own personal treble-clef stamp, and I can attest that it’s not rocket science. The rubber is easy to carve and it didn’t take more than an hour to craft my own signature stamp! (Sadly, my stamp is AWOL since the move.)
With the holidays coming up, give it a try– take a risk and send your crafting to a whole new level!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018