Not that I’m on a kick or anything, but I ran across this cute button tote today at Martha Stewart Crafts. She give the directions for making the tote and then covering it with buttons, either by gluing or stitching.
I had another idea. (Don’t I always?) Why not cover up a give-away tote – like from a convention or trade show – and really give it a new life? My hubby goes to conferences at least 2-3 times per year, and he always brings me back a tote bag sporting some horrible logo.Â I think I’m going to try this idea and see if a) the fabric glue sticks to nylon bags, and b) if I can really obliterate the logo and make it look cute.Â I’ll keep you posted.
In the meanwhile, this one is cute enough to use as a gift bag… and is a great excuse to dip into that huge button jar you’ve been hoarding!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018