The Craft Gods keep sending me button goodness to share….must be some kinds of harmonic convergence in the crafty universe!
I got online today and found this FAB-U-LOUS button coaster craft at CraftStylish for a button coaster. Wow! I LOVE the way it looks, and you could create all kinds of designs if you used different colors of embroidery threads and/or different colors of buttons. Just make sure they are of a uniforms size and you can get really creative with this one.
I also found this bead- and button-bedecked teacup on Kaboodle. Since I’m big into crafting with recycled objects, this would be a great way to rescue a cup with a chipped rim. Since this craft was geared toward kids 8 and up, they suggest using hot glue. (I can’t imagine it would last!) So my recommendation is to make it an adult craft and use 2 part epoxy or a solvent-based glue, like E-6000. (Make sure you follow the directions and use in a well-ventilated area, too.) Super cute, uses recycled objects, and would make a sweet gift!
Lastly, (today) here’s a cool tutorial from Creative Kismet on making your own polymer clay buttons to use in a bracelet. Make your own polymer clay buttons, and get just what you want! Fun!
Lastly, surf on over to AverageJaneCrafter’s site to read her review and get some peeks into Susan Beal’s new book, “Button it Up.” More button inspiration awaits, as well as at Susan’s website, Button it UpBooks.
Make sure you also read my post about Button Crafts.
Whew! That’s a lot of button-y goodness right there, folks!
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017