Happy Friday, crafty friends! It’s been a fun week of reviews, and I more fun than I care to admit getting inky and stamping with the Kaleidacolor Raised Rainbow Dye Ink Pads I reviewed yesterday.
However, in my excitement, I totally forgot one of the MOST fun techniques with rainbow pads- brayering onto glossy cardstock. The result is SOOOOO much better than what you get on regular cardstock. That bit of glossy allows the colors to move and blend a bit before sinking in and becoming permanent.
I made you a quick video to demonstrate how you can get a striped effect or a more “ombre” effect. It’s under 3 minutes, so check it out:
Now, yesterday I promised to show you some of the cards I made. Here’s the first batch.
So now you’ve learned a technique and seen some samples. Got ideas? Want some Kaleidacolor Ink Pads of your own?
Well, you are in luck. I’m giving away a set of FOUR!
Now, I also want to say a special “thank you” to my Twitter followers- this week we tipped over 10,000 followers on @CraftTestDummy– no kidding! So there will be three entry options- leaving a comment, following on twitter, and tweeting about the giveaway (which you can do EVERY DAY). Notice that the Twitter entries are worth 3 and 10 entries respectively-just to say an extra “thanks” to my tweeps!
Make sure you click the blue Rafflecopter link below if it doesn’t automatically pop up on your browser. Then leave your comment and follow the prompts on the widget to enter. I’ll pick a winner next Saturday & notify the winner by email. (No need to leave it, the comment will capture the email address automatically.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck and have a great weekend!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018