I had a few minutes to chat with fellow CHA Designer Rebekah Meier this past January at the CHA Winter Show and found out that she had a new book coming out. When I found out it was about fabric collage I offered to review it for her here on CTD.
How could I resist some new fabric collage techniques while helping a friend promote her book?
Rebekah’s new book “More Fabric Art Collage” is the follow up To “Fabric Art Collage”. This book features 64 new techniques for mixed media, surface design and embellishment.
As you can see by the table of contents here there are a TON of wonderful, new techniques for you to try.
Here are some other things you might want to know about the book.
- Soft Cover
- 119 pages with over 300 photos
- There are 10 different technique based chapters followed by a chapter with whole projects for you to complete, a gallery, and a resources section
- The MSRP is $27.95USDÂ and is available on C&T Publishing’s site on 4/16/2012 but after 5/16/2012 it can be purchased at amazon.com for $18.26USD
With each technique Rebekah gives you an over all photo of a finished project, a list of materials, a step by step How-To and then Tips and/or Variations as they apply.
There are so many techniques in this book it was hard to settle on one to try. And you know me… I couldn’t settle on just one so I kind of combined two.
I found the directions easy to follow for the basic technique and then I was free to change things up, add to the basic technique and experiment without feeling like I was doing something “wrong”. Which is how I ended up combining two techniques.
If you are new to fabric collage, or suffer from craft ADD like I do, I would highly recommend starting at the beginning of the book and working through it a technique at a time.
The techniques aren’t terribly difficult or labor intensive and could be completed in a small 3.5 x 5 size format leaving you with a “sample book” and a treasure trove of fabric art techniques on hand.
More Fabric Art Collage is chock full of great techniques, tips and inspiration. Whether you are just starting out in fabric collage or are a pro there are sure to be plenty of great techniques for you to try.
Please Note: The book I have photographed has a slightly different cover as I have an Advanced Copy. It appears that the cover changed a bit before it went to printÂ but the links above point to the same/correct book.
To find out what I did with my first sample be sure to visit The Creative Goddess blog!
Disclosure: Book provided by C&T Publishing for review.
If you are considering purchasing More Fabric Art Collage by Rebekah Meier, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014