A Bounty of Bead and Wire Earrings by Nathalie Mornu is full of 50 fun, fast jewelry projects. In the introduction Nathalie says that your face is the first thing people notice about you so why not dress it up with pretty earrings. Makes perfect sense to me!
A Bounty of Bead and Wire Earring starts out with 22 pages of basic instruction for beginners and the instructions are broken up by pages of photos of earrings from around the world. At first I was kind of afraid that the projects in the book would be like the giant discs in the top right photo but I quickly realized that Nathalie was showing us how a pair of pretty earrings can add a little more beauty to our faces.
Thankfully, the earrings in the book look like this.
Some of the earrings feature wire work while others feature beads on headpins or eyepins. There are many designers who contributed projects to this book so there is lots of variety.
The weeping willow earrings caught my eye (though I have to say there were several earrings I liked) and I knew I had beads on hand from Cousin Corp that would work for a project like this.
There isn’t a resources section in the book so you kind of have to make due with what you have on hand or can find. Luckily, the photos and instructions make it easy to make a pair of earrings even though you may not have the exact same beads on hand. Which is helpful, because then you can use up some of your bead stash! 🙂
Here are the earrings I made – I’ll list the supplies I used and more photos onÂ The Creative Goddess blog if you’d like more information.
While I didn’t make my earrings JUST like the ones in the book I found the instructions to be very thorough and easy to follow for the areas that I did duplicate.
I’ve often read crafts books that said they were good for all skill levels and felt that it wasn’t quite true but I feel that just about anyone could find a project or two that they’d like and be able to make for themselves in this book.
Here are some other things to know about A Bounty of Bead and Wire Earrings by Nathalie Mornu:
- 144 pages
- Includes instructions for beginners, that includes a HUGE amount of information
- A key to wire gauges
- The MSRP is $19.95USDÂ and is available at amazon.com for $13.35USD
- About the Designers Section featuring 25 designers who contributed to the book
Disclosure: Book providedÂ for review.
If you are considering purchasing A Bounty of Bead and Wire Earrings by Nathalie Mornu, please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA 2015 Day 2 - January 20, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- CHA 2015: Day 1 - January 11, 2015
- Craft Product Review: Mod Podge Furniture in 3 Finishes - January 5, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014