Book Review: 30 Minute Necklaces by Marthe Le Van
From the back of the book:
Ready to be beguiled? Intrigued? Energized? The super stylish necklace designs in this book will capture your undivided attention for the 30 minutes it takes to complete them.
Got wire? Of course! How about leftover copper sheet, beads, wallpaper, or jump rings? Then get creative!
Not only are the necklaces simply stunning, each project will help you build your skills, showcase your talents, step outside the box, and grow as an artist.
And like the first three books, this one is intended for jewelers. There are a couple of projects that an intermediate jewelry maker can do BUT they may take you more than 30 minutes if that is the case.
About 30 Minute Bracelets:
- 136 Pages
- 60 Projects
- The MSRP is $21.95USD and is available at amazon.com for $14.48USD
- Includes a Bench Tool Kit and Soldering Kit checklist
The necklaces in this book are varied in style. Some, like the one shown above, are more modern.
This one, however, seems more traditional. Though I’m sure it could be made to fit all different styles by switching up the beads. In fact, it’s similar to a necklace I made back in 2009: Bead and Knot Necklace and I decided to try some different, heavier, beads to see how they looked.
I used a heavier cord and larger ceramic beads.
Definitely a great piece to wear with a sweater this winter.
One of the things I particularly like about this style of necklace is that you can wear it in one long strand, double or even triple it depending on the look you want (and how long you make it).
Also, you can make it with a clasp or with no clasp which makes it much easier for people with shoulder or hand problems. BONUS!
So there you have it. Four new 30 minute jewelry making books for anyone who is either an advanced jewelery maker or someone wishing to “up their game”.
I hope you find this review helpful and would like to ask that if you are considering purchasing any of the 30 Minute Jewelry books, that you please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014