Book Review: 30 Minute Earrings by Marthe Le Van
From the back of the book:
The earring designs in this book will WOW you, INSPIRE you, and MOTIVATE you to drop everything else for 30 minutes and create a pair of SUPER STYLISH earrings.
Beyond the obvious (gorgeous) rewards, each project will help you IMPROVE your skills, BELIEVE in your abilities, BREAK OUT of your routine, and GROW as an artist.
30 Minute Earrings is the third book in the 30 Minute jewelry making series from Lark Books. I previously reviewed 30 Minute Bracelets and 30 Minute Rings and there is one more 30 Minute Necklaces in the series.
And like the first two books, this one is intended for jewelers, there are a couple of intermediate projects that an intermediate jewelry maker can do BUT they may take you more than 30 minutes if that is the case. Again, this is not a book I would recommend for someone who is just starting out in beading or jewelry making.
About 30 Minute Bracelets:
- 138 Pages
- 60 Projects
- The MSRP is $21.95USD and is available at amazon.com for $14.48USD
- Includes a Bench Tool Kit and Soldering Kit checklist
Again, this book jumps right into the projects. Some are easier like the photo previously and some more difficult like the ones shown above. The projects aren’t organized in any particular order or theme.
I was taken by this lovely pair of earrings and thought it looked like something I could easily handle.
The directions were clear and easy to follow and I had everything on hand to make this pair of earrings.
Even though they are a lot bigger than earrings I usually wear I love their simplicity. I used sterling silver plated wire and bicones that are sort of a smokey grey with silver in them. They would look super against dark hair I think.
Yet another great jewelry and book from Lark for those of you who may be ready to take your jewelry making skills to the next level.
I hope you find this review helpful and would like to ask that if you are considering purchasing any of the 30 Minute Jewelry books, that you please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014