Book Review: 30 Minute Bracelets by Marthe Le Van
From the back of the book:
Do bracelets make you HAPPY? Are you PASSIONATE about cuffs? Wouldn’t you LOVE more bangles?
Good thing it takes just 30 MINUTES to make each of the FABULOUSLY FASHIONABLE projects in this book!
30 Minute Bracelets is another book in the 30 minute series like the 30 Minute Rings I reviewed a couple of weeks back. And like that book, this one is intended for jewelers.
Not that there aren’t projects for intermediate jewelry makers in it but if you aren’t a jeweler, per se, you might find this book a bit of a challenge.
Which means the projects may take you more than 30 minutes.
But if you are like me, that is OK as long as I’m learning and growing as a jewelry maker.
About 30 Minute Bracelets:
- 136 Pages
- 60 Projects
- The MSRP is $21.95USD and is available at amazon.com for $14.48USD
- Includes a Bench Tool Kit and Soldering Kit checklist
Just like with 30 Minute Rings there are no instructions. The book jumps right into the 60 projects.
During my first pass through the book my eye landed upon this bracelet and I recognized it as a project I could probably take on.
And while I didn’t have the exact same elements to create my bracelet the supply list and instructions were clear enough that I was able to use what I had on hand to create something similar.
Which makes it a good book, in my mind, if you can use the projects as a springboard and not have to run out to the bead store for a dozen different items.
If you’d like to see MY version of the supply list please visit The Creative Goddess here: Braided Faux Leather Bracelet
All in all, this is another helpful jewelry book from Lark Jewelry & Beading. Not too easy and challenging enough to stay with me as I explore jewelry making further.
I hope you find this review helpful and would like to ask that if you are considering purchasing 30 Minute Bracelets or 30 Minute Rings, that you please support CTD and use our affiliate links:
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014