MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!! Ok, I wait all year to say that! So today, in honor of “Star Wars Day” (May 4) I’m sharing a super-cool and cute book for Star Wars fans of all ages!
It’s The Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie Burton, and this book has got it all- recycle crafts, n0-sew fabric crafts, sewing, crocheting, paper mache, even good-ol’ spray paint. First, let’s take a look at the book itself.
This is the blurb from Amazon.com:
GIVE IN TO THE POWER OF THE CRAFTY SIDE
Chewbacca Sock Puppets. Ewok Flower Vases. AT-AT Herb Gardens. With The Star Wars Craft Book, fans of all ages and skill levels can bring the best of the galaxy far, far away right into their own homes. Fully illustrated, this guide features a variety of fun and original projects.
• Playtime: Make and play with finger puppets of your favorite cantina characters, Cuddly Banthas, and Rotta the Huttlet Squeaky Toys for your pets
• Home Decor: Spruce up your space with Chewbacca Tissue Box Covers, a Mounted Acklay Head, and a Jabba the Hutt Body Pillow
• Holiday Crafts: Celebrate festive occasions with Wookiee Pumpkins, Hanukkah Droidels, and a Star Wars Action Figure Wreath
• Nature and Science Crafts: Get down to earth with Emperor Appletine Dolls and a Wookiee Bird House
• Star Wars Style: Give your wardrobe a dose of intergalactic chic with Ewok Fleece Hats and an R2-D2 Crocheted Beanie With easy step-by-step instructions, The Star Wars Craft Book is a joyful and entertaining way for you and your friends to bring many beloved elements ofStar Wars to life! (No midi-chlorians required!)
It’s a paper-back glue-bound book that has 176 glossy pages including templates and printables in the back of the book! You get a whopping 43 projects in all, and most don’t need any special techniques or materials. If you are a basic crafter, you’ll have most of the materials on-hand. Sweet!
On first glance (with my kids peering over my shoulder) we found lots of fun projects we’d like to try. Because I’m a glitter girl, the collage box spoke right. To. Me.
Finally though, we settled on the glass marble magnets! We would have tried the rings, too- except we didn’t have any ring blanks. (Really, how did htat happen? In my house ring blanks are like bread and milk. We always just have them on hand.)
And we used some bottle caps too!
So bottom line- this is super-cool book for any Star Wars crafty geek in your world. Great for kids and hipsters- and it’s been really reasonable on Amazon.com- under $14 bucks! So go grab a copy so you are ready for the next “Star Wars Day” and May the Fourth Be With YOU!!!!
Disclosure: book provided for review and links are affiliate ones- which means that if you buy the book, I’ll make like, 14 cents. But I’d still appreciate it if you used them!
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017