Since coloring is still such a popular thing to do, many stampers are wondering which stamp pads are the best for coloring with markers. over a stamped image. Some stamp pads bleed or smear, others turn colors (yikes) and no one wants a craft-fail. So which stamp pad is best for coloring with markers, both water-based and alcohol-based?
Now before we begin: – I used the following stamp pads that I had. PLEASE don’t leave comments that I “should have tried other brands.” While I get some products for free, I pay for much of it- and it gets expensive and time-consuming trying to chase down every stamp pad on the planet.
Addressed in this comparison are:
- Papertrey Ink,
- Lawn Fawn,
- India Ink,
- My Favorite Things (MFT),
- Memento Luxe,
I used a Tombow water-based maker and a Copic alcohol-based marker for my testing, using 93 lb. heavy drawing paper for my comparison.
I have a full video for you right here- it’s about 7 minutes long and gives you the whole shebang!
For those of you who like to “cut to the chase”- here we go!W
Within the FIVE top stamp pads for water-based markers, I determined VersaFine, My Favorite Things, and Staz-On had the best color retention, fine line clarity and no smearing.
Within the top FIVE stamp pads for alcohol-based markers, I determined that Distress, Memento, PaperTrey were the best!
But you know what? There were TWO stamp pads that appeared on BOTH lists…. so if you had to have only ONE stamp pad for coloring with your markers, you’d want to have….Drumroll please….
So while neither of these there the #1 choice individually, they do win for flexibility!
I hope this helps you inform your purchasing decisions and you get the RIGHT stamp pad for marker coloring- so you can be a happy crafter!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018