Since coloring is still such a popular thing to do, many stampers are wondering which stamp pads are the best for coloring with markers. over a stamped image. Some stamp pads bleed or smear, others turn colors (yikes) and no one wants a craft-fail. So which stamp pad is best for coloring with markers, both water-based and alcohol-based?
Now before we begin: – I used the following stamp pads that I had. PLEASE don’t leave comments that I “should have tried other brands.” While I get some products for free, I pay for much of it- and it gets expensive and time-consuming trying to chase down every stamp pad on the planet.
Addressed in this comparison are:
- Papertrey Ink,
- Lawn Fawn,
- India Ink,
- My Favorite Things (MFT),
- Memento Luxe,
I used a Tombow water-based maker and a Copic alcohol-based marker for my testing, using 93 lb. heavy drawing paper for my comparison.
I have a full video for you right here- it’s about 7 minutes long and gives you the whole shebang!
For those of you who like to “cut to the chase”- here we go!W
Within the FIVE top stamp pads for water-based markers, I determined VersaFine, My Favorite Things, and Staz-On had the best color retention, fine line clarity and no smearing.
Within the top FIVE stamp pads for alcohol-based markers, I determined that Distress, Memento, PaperTrey were the best!
But you know what? There were TWO stamp pads that appeared on BOTH lists…. so if you had to have only ONE stamp pad for coloring with your markers, you’d want to have….Drumroll please….
So while neither of these there the #1 choice individually, they do win for flexibility!
I hope this helps you inform your purchasing decisions and you get the RIGHT stamp pad for marker coloring- so you can be a happy crafter!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017