Last week I posted a review on the Staz-ON solvent-based stamp pads, and based on the comments I received, it seems that there are a bunch of folks who purchased it to use with their Copic or other alcohol-based markers…and then were sadly disappointed when I shared that they were, by and large, not compatible. This prompted me to really question which stamp pads were compatible with alcohol markers. In true CraftTestDummies fashion, I tested ten stamp pads and six alcohol markers to bring the results to you.
I tested at 10 different stamp pads:
And six different alcohol-based markers:
And I got some really surprising results!
A note about my methodology: I stamped all of the samples first using a clear acrylic stamp (photopolymer, maybe?) on plain, uncoated cardstock. That means that all of the inks had 10 minutes or so to dry or absorb before I colored on them. Also, on some of the video samples it’s hard to see the smearing. And sometimes, I saw the stamp pad ink on the NIB of the marker, and so that’s why I flagged it as such. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment.
Let’s see the whole video- it’s under 5 minutes long, and you’ll see specifically how each marker works with each stamp pad.
Our big winners are…. in no particular order (affiliate links):
I was frankly surprised at the results- I had no idea that India Ink would lift so badly, or that the Hero Hues pad was such a winner!!!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017