I’m still on my kick of comparison posts- and today I’m tackling which gold stamp pad is the best! Today’s comparison of gold stamp pads consists of five brands on both light and dark papers.
Which one shows up the best? I’ve got a video to show you!
But first, let’s go over the pads I’m testing:
- ColorBox Gold (pigment) from Clearsnap
- Encore! Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Delicata Golden Glitz (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- StazOn Gold (solvent) also from…you guessed it… Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts!
It should be stated right off the bat that if you are looking to stamp on non-porous surfaces such as vellum, acrylic, glass, leather, etc…. StazOn is your ONLY option. But I thought I’d include it in our test today just to see.
As I mentioned, I made you a video!
Gold stamp pads- comparison of embossing with clear embossing powder. Colorbox on left, Delicata on Right.
The ColorBox pulls a little vintage-green… good for more vintage/steampunk effects. The Delicata is brighter and warmer on light papers. So really they color preference is personal…. or maybe you want BOTH, depending on if you are doing vintage or brighter color palettes.
And if you are ready to shop, I’d appreciate it if you used CTD’s Amazon affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any more, and it helps support ME as I test out products to give YOU the best recommendations. Thanks in advance!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018