I’m still on my kick of comparison posts- and today I’m tackling which gold stamp pad is the best! Today’s comparison of gold stamp pads consists of five brands on both light and dark papers.
Which one shows up the best? I’ve got a video to show you!
But first, let’s go over the pads I’m testing:
- ColorBox Gold (pigment) from Clearsnap
- Encore! Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Delicata Golden Glitz (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- StazOn Gold (solvent) also from…you guessed it… Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts!
It should be stated right off the bat that if you are looking to stamp on non-porous surfaces such as vellum, acrylic, glass, leather, etc…. StazOn is your ONLY option. But I thought I’d include it in our test today just to see.
As I mentioned, I made you a video!
So just to recap- I really love both the ColorBox and Delicata golds for how they perform on both light and dark papers- they are really the best gold stamp pads in the bunch!
Gold stamp pads- comparison of embossing with clear embossing powder. Colorbox on left, Delicata on Right.
The ColorBox pulls a little vintage-green… good for more vintage/steampunk effects. The Delicata is brighter and warmer on light papers. So really they color preference is personal…. or maybe you want BOTH, depending on if you are doing vintage or brighter color palettes.
And if you are ready to shop, I’d appreciate it if you used CTD’s Amazon affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any more, and it helps support ME as I test out products to give YOU the best recommendations. Thanks in advance!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
Sharon Gullikson says
Thanks for doing this. I would love to try out the Delicata.
Noelle Trudeau says
That was EXCELLENT!!! I use the ColorBox gold pad at work for stamping card envelopes, and while I love the color, the dry time is terrible – on a vellum-style paper, the ink will still smudge weeks after I have stamped them, and any water makes the ink run/smudge substantially. I was wondering if any other quality pigment stamp pad would be worth trying instead, but could not determine the colors (and sparkle) accurately from online photos. You did a FABULOUS job of comparing them; thank you so much!!!!!