I’m still on my kick of comparison posts- and today I’m tackling which gold stamp pad is the best! Today’s comparison of gold stamp pads consists of five brands on both light and dark papers.
Which one shows up the best? I’ve got a video to show you!
But first, let’s go over the pads I’m testing:
- ColorBox Gold (pigment) from Clearsnap
- Encore! Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Delicata Golden Glitz (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- Brilliance Galaxy Gold (pigment) from Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts
- StazOn Gold (solvent) also from…you guessed it… Tsukineko/ImagineCrafts!
It should be stated right off the bat that if you are looking to stamp on non-porous surfaces such as vellum, acrylic, glass, leather, etc…. StazOn is your ONLY option. But I thought I’d include it in our test today just to see.
As I mentioned, I made you a video!
Gold stamp pads- comparison of embossing with clear embossing powder. Colorbox on left, Delicata on Right.
The ColorBox pulls a little vintage-green… good for more vintage/steampunk effects. The Delicata is brighter and warmer on light papers. So really they color preference is personal…. or maybe you want BOTH, depending on if you are doing vintage or brighter color palettes.
And if you are ready to shop, I’d appreciate it if you used CTD’s Amazon affiliate links. It doesn’t cost you any more, and it helps support ME as I test out products to give YOU the best recommendations. Thanks in advance!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017