Well what do you know? May is filming week for Scrapbook Soup TV– a wonderful scrapbook/papercraft/mixed media program that airs on PBS stations around the country and online. Last year I was honored to be a guest– and I must have done a passable job, because they invited me back!
I snapped some photos in the green room and the talented May Flaum got some of me on set. Here’s your sneak peek!
I used PanPastels for my segment- I’m crushing on them right now. And I noticed that I haven’t done a review of them yet, so I’ll have to get busy!
We set up our supplies for each segment on trays. Here is mine all ready to go. Look familiar? I’ve done this tutorial on CTD here.
Sooooo. Yeah. HD makeup is pretty horrible in real life. Too much eyeliner, orange makeup, heavy eyebrows….. I feel like a daytime hooker. Or an Evil Queen.
These ones were taken by May Flaum (an incredibly talented scrapbook artist and online teacher) ….. of me being weird before the camera got rolling. And somehow I photobombed the Doctor Who items! PS- that glass was made by the amazing Joe Rotella for his GenCon craft classes. LOVE him and I’m going to GenCon with my daughter just to take those classes!
May snapped these back in the green room while host Julie Fei-Fan Balzer was interviewing me on random topics. At one point she asked me if I could only do ONE craft what would it be.
And you know what popped out of my mouth?
I know; it surprised me too. I’ve got a new review and product sitting in my studio, so it must have been on my mind. I’m not sure if I really *would* give up papercrafting for clay….but oh well. Sometimes even I don’t know what will fly out of my mouth!
Due to some technical delays, I waited for SEVEN HOURS to tape my segment. Le sigh.
I snapped these on the monitor right after we were done with my segment. Actually the segments went VERY smoothly and we got them done in under an hour. And can you believe they let me wear that jacket?? I LOVE it but thought it would be too busy for on-air. It’s been hanging in my closet for over a year, so I’m glad I got a chance to show it off.
All packed up to head home. I have to send one little love-note to We R Memory Keepers for this luggage set again- I shlepped all of my products nice and neat in the little clear baggies and took my paper and iPad in the over-the-shoulder bag. Take a look at my full review of the Crafter’s 360 Bag here.
Here’s the “official” photo from Instagram. See? Even all that bad makeup looks good on set!
Despite the long wait, it was a fun day and I’m so very honored to have been invited to come share crafts and play with Julie on-air. I’ll let you all know when it goes live on PBS and online, too.
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017