The world of fine art and craft draw ever closer with texture pastes and gels entering the crafting mainstream. Formerly the domain of fine artists, who used texture gels in fine art, now the average jane crafter can use products like Faber-Castell’s Asphalt and/or Concrete texture pastes to create dimensional surfaces on cards, ATC’s canvases and other mixed-media projects! Today I’m taking a look at them both.
Disclosure: samples were provided for review purposes. Opinions are my own and based on my first-hand experience with the product. Some links below may be affiliate links.
Here’s how the Texture Pastes are described on the website:
Asphalt:The essential tools and accents to complete your mixed media projects!
- A coarse, dark, heavy weight paste.
- Asphalt contrasts well with bright and metallic mediums.
- Dries to an opaque matte finish.
- 1 fl. oz. (30 ml tub)
- A coarse, beige, heavy weight paste.
- Create rich colors when blended with Gelatos® Colors.
- Dries to an opaque matte.
- 1 fl. oz. (30 ml tub)
(Both retail for $8.95USD on the website at the time of this review.)
Because a picture is worth a thousand words and a video is worth a thousand pictures, I made this one for you of the Texture Pastes in action. It’s only 7 minutes and you’ll see it in action, how it tints, dried samples and more.
So is a closer look at some of my tags with Faber Castell Concrete Texture Paste:
- Easier to use than I thought
- Love the stenciled look
- Fun to tint with Gelatos or re-inkers
- A little pricey, might be a product for a “special” project?
So there you go- I like them and will play with them a bit more. Do you like the sandy/gritty texture? Would you use it? I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017