Today I’m hopping back on the review bandwagon with a look at the Art-C Groove tool! This is a mixed-media motorized tool that allows you to paint, sand, and apply media with just a quick swish of the wrist.
Here’s how it’s described:
The Groove is the first tool specifically designed for crafters to ink, sand, stencil and distress on a wide variety of surfaces. It is portable, light-weight & cordless.
For this review, I demonstrated and tried out the Art-C Groove Tool LIVE on Periscope. You can go back and watch it ALL here, if you like: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1OdKrYeezByxX
(Just a reminder- if you want to participate in LIVE Periscopes, you can install the app on your iPad or smart phone. Then you can comment, like and I can talk to you live. OR, you can follow my profile and watch all of my archived Periscopes in full at https://www.periscope.tv/CraftTestDummy. I usually will edit the Scopes down to 10 minutes or less and publish them on YouTube if you want the “Reader’s Digest Condensed” version!)
Or, if you like the condensed version, here is my video review. I’ll have main bullet points for you after the jump!
So… here are the thinks I like the Art-C Groove Tool for- the PROS:
- great handle
- could reduce hand strain for those with grip issues like fibro, arthritis, etc.
- easy to change heads
- moderate price point
- brush head adds nice texture
- great for use with stencils
- excellent for nubby or textured surfaces like burlap or styrofoam
And what I don’t like- the CONS:
- foam head is curved, so you don’t get full coverage
- not a lot of torque- so you can’t apply full pressure with sanding & foam heads
- motor whine might be grating on the nerves after a while
This tool is priced for $19.00 (with four heads) MSRP- but you can find it multiple places, including Amazon.com (affiliate) for only $12.95 with free shipping if you have Prime.
I’m not sure if I’d consider the Art-C Groove Tool a “must-have”- but it is handy and fun. It would make a great thrifty gift or stocking stuffer for the crafter in your life!
What do you think? Do you have one? Questions? Leave me a comment, I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018