If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve already gotten a sneak peek. Monday was Memorial Day, and I committed a good 2 hours to making AnyHero Cards for Operation Write Home.
For those of you who maybe don’t know, I make cards out of the supplies I get here to review on CTD and then donate them to a wonderful organization who ships them out to the troops so that THEY can send cards home to friends and family.
Because, you know… there aren’t Hallmark stores in Kabul. Just sayin’.
But AnyHero cards are different- they are for the troops THEMSELVES- just little notes of thanks, encouragement, etc.
And I’m here to confess to you that I’ve only ever sent ONE- even though I love to make Patriotic cards. I mean, who doesn’t love red, white and blue?
I’m a bit ashamed of myself….but I have such a hard time finding the words to send to a stranger….and “Thank You” seems so trivial and shallow compared to the sacrifices and hardships they endure. So I usually have my little girl color some pages to send along instead.
But this year on Memorial Day I decided to honor our serving troops and make a dozen or so cards to send along.
I started with this sketch from Operation Write Home- #266:
I made a series of four pretty much sticking to the “recipe”- I did flip it from the right side to the left side after the first one!
And then, in typical Jenny fashion, I went off and adjusted things to my own liking.
Because the paper was inspiring me, you know? And you should always follow your inspiration!
I made you a little video sharing the supplies I used and some more of the cards….
So there you g0- now you know my dirty little secret. But hopefully sitting down to actually write them out will get easier and easier as I go along.
I’d love to hear your thought and ideas for what to write inside!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018