If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve already gotten a sneak peek. Monday was Memorial Day, and I committed a good 2 hours to making AnyHero Cards for Operation Write Home.
For those of you who maybe don’t know, I make cards out of the supplies I get here to review on CTD and then donate them to a wonderful organization who ships them out to the troops so that THEY can send cards home to friends and family.
Because, you know… there aren’t Hallmark stores in Kabul. Just sayin’.
But AnyHero cards are different- they are for the troops THEMSELVES- just little notes of thanks, encouragement, etc.
And I’m here to confess to you that I’ve only ever sent ONE- even though I love to make Patriotic cards. I mean, who doesn’t love red, white and blue?
I’m a bit ashamed of myself….but I have such a hard time finding the words to send to a stranger….and “Thank You” seems so trivial and shallow compared to the sacrifices and hardships they endure. So I usually have my little girl color some pages to send along instead.
But this year on Memorial Day I decided to honor our serving troops and make a dozen or so cards to send along.
I started with this sketch from Operation Write Home- #266:
I made a series of four pretty much sticking to the “recipe”- I did flip it from the right side to the left side after the first one!
And then, in typical Jenny fashion, I went off and adjusted things to my own liking.
Because the paper was inspiring me, you know? And you should always follow your inspiration!
I made you a little video sharing the supplies I used and some more of the cards….
So there you g0- now you know my dirty little secret. But hopefully sitting down to actually write them out will get easier and easier as I go along.
I’d love to hear your thought and ideas for what to write inside!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017