So, I’m still on my Random Act of Kindness crafting kick. Our dear moderator Diane reminded me that March is rapidly approaching, so I got a-thinkin’.
My challenge to myself is to a) create a handmade item b) using what I’ve got in my studio c) can be duplicated a dozen or so times, and d) can be sent in an envelope requiring no extra postage! Really, quite a tall order, if you think about it.
Now, I’ve made bookmarks and needlecases so far, and I wasn’t ready to duplicate. So I decided to seek inspiration by cleaning off my worktable. As I was excavating – er, cleaning up, I ran across some DMC cardboard embroidery floss bobbins. Got lots in a package, they’re flat and envelope-able, so I got crackin’.
I came across some scrapbook paper that was begging to be used up, a piece of really crappy sheet music, and a-ha! An idea was born. I dug out my little flower punch and some brads, and made these.
I thing these will make nice little doo-dads for folks to incorporate into their altered books, art quilts, cards, etc.
To see my RAK needlecases, click here.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018