So, I’m still on my Random Act of Kindness crafting kick. Our dear moderator Diane reminded me that March is rapidly approaching, so I got a-thinkin’.
My challenge to myself is to a) create a handmade item b) using what I’ve got in my studio c) can be duplicated a dozen or so times, and d) can be sent in an envelope requiring no extra postage! Really, quite a tall order, if you think about it.
Now, I’ve made bookmarks and needlecases so far, and I wasn’t ready to duplicate. So I decided to seek inspiration by cleaning off my worktable. As I was excavating – er, cleaning up, I ran across some DMC cardboard embroidery floss bobbins. Got lots in a package, they’re flat and envelope-able, so I got crackin’.
I came across some scrapbook paper that was begging to be used up, a piece of really crappy sheet music, and a-ha! An idea was born. I dug out my little flower punch and some brads, and made these.
I thing these will make nice little doo-dads for folks to incorporate into their altered books, art quilts, cards, etc.
To see my RAK needlecases, click here.
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017