So, I’m still on my Random Act of Kindness crafting kick. Our dear moderator Diane reminded me that March is rapidly approaching, so I got a-thinkin’.
My challenge to myself is to a) create a handmade item b) using what I’ve got in my studio c) can be duplicated a dozen or so times, and d) can be sent in an envelope requiring no extra postage! Really, quite a tall order, if you think about it.
Now, I’ve made bookmarks and needlecases so far, and I wasn’t ready to duplicate. So I decided to seek inspiration by cleaning off my worktable. As I was excavating – er, cleaning up, I ran across some DMC cardboard embroidery floss bobbins. Got lots in a package, they’re flat and envelope-able, so I got crackin’.
I came across some scrapbook paper that was begging to be used up, a piece of really crappy sheet music, and a-ha! An idea was born. I dug out my little flower punch and some brads, and made these.
I thing these will make nice little doo-dads for folks to incorporate into their altered books, art quilts, cards, etc.
To see my RAK needlecases, click here.
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017