So, I’m still on my Random Act of Kindness crafting kick. Our dear moderator Diane reminded me that March is rapidly approaching, so I got a-thinkin’.
My challenge to myself is to a) create a handmade item b) using what I’ve got in my studio c) can be duplicated a dozen or so times, and d) can be sent in an envelope requiring no extra postage! Really, quite a tall order, if you think about it.
Now, I’ve made bookmarks and needlecases so far, and I wasn’t ready to duplicate. So I decided to seek inspiration by cleaning off my worktable. As I was excavating – er, cleaning up, I ran across some DMC cardboard embroidery floss bobbins. Got lots in a package, they’re flat and envelope-able, so I got crackin’.
I came across some scrapbook paper that was begging to be used up, a piece of really crappy sheet music, and a-ha! An idea was born. I dug out my little flower punch and some brads, and made these.
I thing these will make nice little doo-dads for folks to incorporate into their altered books, art quilts, cards, etc.
To see my RAK needlecases, click here.
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017