If you have questions, comments, or would like information on setting up reviews or media kit/rates, you can contact Jenny at crafttherapy-at-gmail.com. I hope you enjoy the site & look forward to your feedback!
Jenny Barnett Rohrs is the Head Dummy and Pied Piper behind CraftTestDummies.com. Her site focuses on craft product reviews, tutorials, and craft industry news. Jenny has appeared on HSN, Scrapbook Soup PBS series, and is currently the co-host of Hands On Crafts for Kids on PBS. Since building a YouTube audience of over 15K viewers and a Twitter audience of over 13K, she is in-demand as a social media consultant and content creator for national craft brands and retailers.
She as also conducted mindful crafting and art workshops for the Artist’s Way Retreats, her local Quilt Guild, as well as jewelry/mixed media techniques for Grand River Beads the Independence Art Guild.
Jenny is also a content creator with keen eye towards Content Marketing. She also is a social media consultant specializing in the craft industry and small businesses, speaking for the past 3 years at Bad Girl Ventures, a female-entrepreneur incubator. Topics of specialty include design team development and management, blog content strategy and best practices, streamlining social channels and best practices for maximizing efficiency and impact.
Jenny as appeared on HSN for 3 Birds Estate Collection, the PBS series Scrapbook Soup, and is the current Co-Host of the long-running PBS series Hands-On Crafts for Kids. She also has appeared on live local television doing craft segments for Golden Opportunities and has appeared on infomercials and industrial training films. Oh yes- and on the Martha Stewart Show. Twice.
Jenny is a wife, mom of 2 school-aged children, and was a music therapist by trade, servicing the memory impaired, chronically ill, and medically fragile population. With those experiences informing her, she has a strength in writing clear directions, finding inner meaning in what you create, and keeping FUN in the forefront!
If you have questions, comments, or would like me to conduct a workshop for your group, you can contact Jenny at crafttherapy-at-gmail.com. I hope you enjoy the site & look forward to your feedback!
Bring Jenny to Your Group
Looking for a cool program for your art guild, women’s club, or scout troop? Well, Jenny the head Craft Test Dummy can bring the creativity to you.
1-2 HOUR ADULT PROGRAMS:
- Faux Dichro Glass – Using recycled beach glass and some unexpected elements, make a stunning faux-dichro piece. Participants will leave with 2-5 pieces, but they will need to take them home to dry. Pin backs and/or magnets will be provided for finishing.
- Paper Bead Earrings – The kid’s craft has grown up! We’ll make stunning origami paper beads, paired with Swarovski crystal beads to make beautiful earrings you can wear home. (A two-hour version is available to transform them into faux-lampwork beads, as well.)
- Poly Clay Pendants– Jenny will bring the polymer clay studio to you! We’ll use stamps, mica powders, and shapecutters to make lovely pendants or pins. 1 1/2 hours for class, plus 1/2 hour for curing.
- Polymer Name Tags– if your group wears name tags, this is a fun and functional activity! We’ll make custom name tags from clay and embellish them into a work of art. 1 1/2 hours for class, plus 1/2 hour for curing.
2-3-HOUR ADULT WORKSHOPS:
- Polymer Clay Art Doll Pins: Learn to build your own art doll pin, customizing it to reflect your inner life. 3 hours.
- Passion Books: Explore your passions and let your creativity shine! We’ll start with some watercolor painting, and then transform the paper into a “Passion Book” for journaling, scrapbooking, or writing down your little secrets. (Shhhh.We won’t tell!)
- Polymer Clay Covered Tins: transform that candy or gum tin into a little treasure box! Great to keep items in your purse, make mini-book, or use as a gift tin.
- Altered Books 101: You bring the book, Jenny brings the creativity. We’ll have a crash-course in painting, collaging, and assembling your own piece of art -enough to get your started, and hooked!
- ATCs (Artist Trading Cards): Learn to make these mini works of art out of stamps, collage papers, and bits of ephemera. These are fun and addicting- and great to swap!
- Rhythm Egg Shakers: ages 3-10. We’ll make fun egg shakers, explore sounds and rhythms, and share some fun songs. 2 hours.
- Clay Treasure Tins: ages 7 and up. Polymer clay covered tins to keep your special secrets in! 2 hours.
- Shrink Charm Bracelets: ages 7 and up. We’ll make a series of charms to make into a bracelet or anklet, or zipper pulls for boys. 2 hours.
- Personalized Polymer Pendants: ages 5 and up. We’ll make initial pendants, embellish with powders, and then string it up into a necklace that boys and girls alike will love to wear. 2 hours.
Please contact Jenny for information regarding fee, materials, and availability.