As I shared yesterday, I have a fascination with sequinned ornaments because my great-grandmother left some beautiful examples behind. This year I decided to try a few myself, with a modern twist.
Since I’m working with what I love and have available, I decided to skip the cheap-o seed & plastic beads and use…wait for it…. Swarovski crystal beads. I also decided to use the glass ball-head pins because I think they are so pretty. AND you skip the step of the seed beads.
I started using some styrofoam balls (I couldn’t find any of the satin-wrapped ones) and wrapped them with what I have on hand.
I love yarns and pick up odd skeins of ones I like- and the white ribbon/fringe yarn just called out to be used!
I added an extra-long pin at the bottom for a finial, and a few beads to some ribbon to hang.
I also made one using some crushed velvet ribbon. SO yummy!
Of course, these are pricey ornaments to make…but I’m hoping that they will be heirlooms for MY great-grandchildren. Now…I wonder if Great-Grandma Ethel would approve?
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017