If you’ve ever listened to Garrison Keillor, he starts out by saying, “It’s been a quiet week in Lake Woebegon, my hometown…”
My prologue goes like this: “It was a busy week at the CraftTestDummies World Headquarters….and OH, it was. And a BIG week, too. I was still riding high from being a finalist in the Plaid Trick Your Pumpkin Contest when I got a tweet from @CraftsDept (Martha Stewart‘s Crafts Department, to be specific.)
I was all like, huh?? But then I remembered: I had submitted my Halloween Treat Favor Cones & Display Stand idea to the MarthaStewart.com crafts page. So I followed the URL and lo and behold, slide #9, there I was!!
Or, there my CRAFT was. Whatever. But WOW! What an honor. I was in shock. I mean, let’s be real- there’s the “Martha” aesthetic, and then there’s MY aesthetic…Martha speaks of cool, calm perfection. I’m chaos in a tote bag. I mean, I’m FUN chaos in a tote bag, but I never thought my “look” would fit in…but it did. I feel a little validated. (*squee*)
BUT WAIT. THERE’S MORE!
Just as I was floating along on my MarthaStewart.com high, I got an email from my contact at ArtTerro, a kid’s craft kid company and for whom I’ve done a series of reviews. So the email went like this:
Hi Jenny!Â I hope you’re having a good November so far!Â I have a special request for you, or more accurately, our graphic designer does.Â You posted a photo of one of your son’s works of art with our Wire and Bead Art Kit. Jen liked his butterfly crown so much, she’s wondering if she can use it in the next printing of our packaging insert.Â Let me know what you think!
In case you forgot, the sculpture that D made for BK looked like this:
Whaddaya know?? My son is budding craft designer, too! I asked him if he’d share his project with the world and let it be put on the packaging…and there was a resounding “YES!” I don’t think his feet touched the ground the whole way home!
Ah, yes…and big week indeed! : )
So….how was YOUR week?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018