I’ve been on a card-making kick ever since I learned about Operation Write Home. And the other day I was playing with my new Mini Lucky 8 Punch and came up with this card, which has a “secret message” flap on the front.
(PS- this is another instance where I was working in a series to really play with the design concept. If you are unfamiliar, you might want to read my essay on that here.)
They are easy to make, so I made this quick video to show you! (FYI, it’s about 6 minutes long and you can skip the ad in the front if you are in a hurry.)
So there you have it! Here’s the list of supplies/dimensions again:
- Cardstock base that is 4 1/4″ by 5 1/2″ inches
- One square of cardstock 6″ X 6″ if you are using decorative scissors/ punches/ edges, but 5.5 inches if you are not.
- One square for the inside (optional) that is 3 inches square for your sentiment or as a “base” for embellishments
- 2 foam dots (they work better than glue dots in this instance
- 2 buttons a bit larger than the foam dots
- 6 inches of pearle cotton, baker’s twine, or hemp cording
- dry adhesive to attach the “secret message” portion to the card and the inside square.
That’s pretty much it! I’d love comments on this post letting me know if you a) like the project and b) like the video tutorials. They are easier for me to do than taking all those step-out photos….but it takes about the same time to render the actual video. So your opinion matters- it will help me decided to do more or less of them in the future.
Thanks, and stay crafty!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017